Some quick sketches from the road.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Tagged with →

67 Responses to Travel drawings: road sketches

1. These are great. I keep trying to be more sketchy in my initial drawings but, always end up correcting myself with one careful, neat line.

2. Soooooo fantastical! Be safe on your journeys…and know that every wee human spirit is also connected to you…travel teaches you just how huge and ‘magical’ the human spirit is once all those wee heart strings are pulled in to be knotted with your own!

3. great! I feel kinda jealous that you could hit the road and sketch. Hope you will make a portfolio and let me know. Best of luck to you.

4. jordan.callier says:

I really love these!

5. satsumaart says:

Love the energy of your lines! They practically vibrate. Can’t wait to get on the road and do some of my own travel sketches. ;) We’re going on the road for a couple of years starting in April… got any Toronto recommendations?

6. villagepeasant says:

This is a confession. I can cut trees, split logs, cook, grow a garden, maybe a little folksy poetry. but when it comes to drawing? My drawings look like the ones I did in grade one. Total failure on that point. It is then a pleasure to come upon someone who show real talent with pen and paper. Thank you.

7. sbraun58 says:

I like those sketches a lot. It is a precious gift you got.

8. Wow, you’re talented! I wish I could draw, haha thanks for checking out my blog by the way!

9. Shalom. Welcome to our blog anytime. Lovely sketches! WOW!

10. I think your drawing are attracted me…
    i always keep a eye on every attractive pics and drawings

11. restlessjo says:

Can’t do more than matchstick men so well impressed with these. Good luck on your travels and thanks for following

12. Love the sketches. I so envy you. My eyesight is waning; so my traveling is limited. Thanks for subscribing to my blog. I look forward to more sketches. Regards.

13. Impressive. What a creative way to tell a fascinating travel. Feels like we were there ourselves. Thanks.

14. StutiJ says:

There is something so raw about these sketches! Love it.

15. Awesome sketches! Thank you so much for your follow and I will do the same! :)

16. sheriji says:

I absolutely love the colored-in cityscape. Do you sell prints?

17. your work seems to tell a story of thier own. Leads the mind to wonder what. I love that. Well done and keep drawing you have so much to say. :)

18. Roanna says:

Reblogged this on The Life and Times of Legs Magee and commented:
    If I could draw the places I’ve been instead of merely commenting…
    What a view…
    What an interesting hat…
    I would want it to look like this.
    Go look for yourself. Amazing work.
    …I now want to buy postcards and draw.
    My stick figures would have great adventures.

19. You are a VERY talented sketcher my friend. I’m so impressed by how real these are. The colors in the nyskyline sketch are so perfect – it couldn’t be any better. The ability to share your experiences with the world by sketching in this superior quality is amazing. I look forward to experiencing your upcoming trip through your eyes and creativity. Good luck and cheers!

• ooa revo says:

Hi and thanks Cat Protectress! Wanted to respond quickly to be fair about the nyskyline: I photographed the drawings and then adjusted whites, etc: the colors are more contrasted here than they are on the originals – I suppose this would be how prints would look like though. But happy to hear you like this ‘picture’! :) Cheers!