Traveling to Cameroon can be an unforgettable experience. With its lush landscapes, exotic wildlife, and vibrant culture, it’s a wonderful destination for any traveler. Whether you’re looking for a relaxing beach holiday, an adventure in the jungle, or a cultural experience, Cameroon has something for everyone.
Before you go, here are some helpful tips for traveling in Cameroon:
- Learn a few basic phrases in the local language. Most people in Cameroon speak French, so familiarizing yourself with a few French phrases will go a long way.
- Bring cash with you. Credit cards and ATMs are not always available, so it’s best to bring enough cash with you to cover your needs.
- Pack light. Cameroon’s roads can be rough, and you don’t want to be weighed down with a heavy bag.
- Be aware of the local customs. Make sure to dress modestly, especially when visiting religious sites.
- Bring mosquito repellent. Cameroon is a tropical country and mosquitoes can be a problem.
- Stay safe. Be aware of your surroundings and avoid carrying valuable items with you.
- Be prepared for power outages. Cameroon can experience frequent power outages, so make sure you have a plan in case of an emergency.
Now that you know a few tips for traveling in Cameroon, here is a list of 20 sites and monuments to visit:
- The National Museum of Yaoundé
- The National Library of Cameroon
- The Kribi Beach
- Waza National Park
- The Mokolo River
- Mount Cameroon
- The Grand Mosque of Garoua
- The Old German Residence in Limbe
- The Palace of Chief Kotta in Limbe
- The Grand Etoudi Palace in Yaoundé
- The Marche Centrale in Douala
- The Royal Palace of Foumban
- The Marche des Fete in Yaoundé
- The Mefou National Park
- The Limbe Wildlife Centre
- The Mbenzam Falls
- The Marche de Bafoussam
- The Royal Palace of Bafoussam
- The Mandara Mountains
- The Fon’s Palace of Bafut
No matter where you go in Cameroon, you’re sure to have an amazing experience. So don’t forget to pack your bags and explore all that this beautiful country has to offer!