Traveling to Saudi Arabia is an exciting adventure and a once in a lifetime opportunity to see some of the most incredible sites and monuments in the world. With that being said, it is important to be mindful of the customs and laws of the country.
Before planning your trip, be sure to research the local customs and laws to ensure that your journey is safe and enjoyable. Additionally, make sure to obtain the correct visa to visit the country.
When you arrive in Saudi Arabia, here are some tips to make your travel experience smoother:
• Wear modest clothing. Women should cover up to their wrists and ankles and wear a headscarf.
• Refrain from public displays of affection.
• Avoid talking about politics and religion in public.
• Respect local customs and traditions.
• Refrain from consuming alcohol or drugs.
Now that you know the basics, here is a list of 20 sites and monuments to visit in Saudi Arabia:
- Masjid al-Haram – A sacred mosque located in the city of Mecca and the holiest site in Islam.
- Al-Masjid an-Nabawi – Located in Medina, it is the second holiest site in Islam and the burial place of the Prophet Muhammad.
- Al-Ula – An ancient city with many archaeological sites, including rock art and tombs.
- Diriyah – An ancient city that served as the first capital of the Saudi dynasty.
- Al Khuraybah – An old city with many tombs, mosques, and ancient sites to explore.
- Al-Ahsa – A beautiful oasis city with many historical sites and museums.
- King Fahd’s Fountain – The tallest fountain in the world located in the Red Sea.
- Al-Qara Mountain – A mountain with breathtaking views located in Asir.
- Al-Ula Valley – A breathtaking valley located in the northwest of Saudi Arabia.
- Marat Al-Qadasi – An ancient castle located in the Asir region.
- Kingdom Centre – A skyscraper located in Riyadh and the tallest building in Saudi Arabia.
- Al-Hofuf – A historic city with many monuments, mosques, and museums.
- Al-Faisaliah Tower – A skyscraper located in Riyadh and one of the most iconic structures in the city.
- Al-Masmak Fortress – An ancient fortress located in Riyadh and a major landmark in the city.
- Jabal Sawda – The highest mountain in Saudi Arabia located in the Asir region.
- Al-Hijr Archaeological Site – An ancient archaeological site located in the northwest of the country.
- Al-Madinah Museum – A museum located in Medina that showcases the history and culture of the city.
- Al-Birka – An ancient city located in the northwest of Saudi Arabia.
- Bayt Al-Fann – A museum located in Riyadh that showcases the history and culture of the city.
- Al-Hofuf Camel Market – A traditional camel market located in the city of Al-Hofuf.
By following these tips and visiting these incredible sites and monuments, you will be sure to have a safe and enjoyable trip to Saudi Arabia.