Seychelles is a stunning country with its white-sand beaches, lush green tropical forests, and clear blue waters. Whether you’re looking for a relaxing beach getaway or an adventurous exploration of the wild, you’ll find something to do in this beautiful island country. Here are some tips to help you make the most of your stay in Seychelles.
- Accommodation: Accommodation in Seychelles can range from luxurious beachfront resorts to budget-friendly guesthouses. Do some research on the type of accommodation that best suits your needs and budget.
- Transportation: Seychelles has good public transportation and plenty of car rental options. If you’re planning to explore the islands, hiring a car is a great option.
- Weather: Seychelles has a tropical climate, so pack accordingly. If you’re planning to explore the forests, bring a lightweight raincoat.
- Safety: Seychelles is generally a safe destination for travelers. However, it’s always a good idea to be aware of your surroundings and take basic safety precautions.
- Vaccinations: Some vaccinations are recommended for travel to Seychelles. Check with your doctor before your trip.
Now that you have the basics, here are some of the must-see sights and attractions in Seychelles.
- Vallee de Mai Nature Reserve: This UNESCO World Heritage Site is home to the rare Coco de Mer palm tree and a variety of endemic birds and animals. It’s a great spot for nature lovers. (https://www.lonelyplanet.com/seychelles/attractions/vallee-de-mai-nature-reserve/a/poi-sig/1419101/1324457)
- Anse Lazio Beach: This stunning beach is often recognized as one of the best in the world. With its crystal clear waters and powdery white sand, it’s perfect for sunbathing or swimming. (https://www.touropia.com/best-beaches-in-seychelles/ )
- La Digue Island: This small, picturesque island is popular for its beautiful beaches and unique wildlife. Spend a day exploring the island’s beaches and nature reserves. (https://www.lonelyplanet.com/seychelles/la-digue-island/attractions/a/poi-sig/1419101/1324456)
- Mahe Island: Mahe is the largest island in Seychelles and home to the country’s capital, Victoria. Explore the capital’s bustling markets and colonial architecture. (https://www.lonelyplanet.com/mahe-island)
- Aride Island Nature Reserve: This small island is home to a variety of seabirds and rare plants. It’s a great spot for birdwatchers and nature lovers. (https://www.lonelyplanet.com/seychelles/aride-island-nature-reserve/attractions/a/poi-sig/1419101/1324463)
- Aldabra Atoll: This remote atoll is home to the largest population of giant tortoises in the world. Explore the atoll’s beautiful coral reefs and unique wildlife. (https://www.touropia.com/aldabra-atoll/)
- Morne Seychellois National Park: This is the largest national park in Seychelles and home to a variety of endemic species. Take a guided tour and explore the park’s lush forests and stunning views. (https://www.seychelles.travel/en/discover/nature/parks-and-reserves/morne-seychellois-national-park)
- Curieuse Island: This stunning island is home to a variety of rare species, including the endangered Seychelles black parrot. It’s a great spot for nature lovers. (https://www.lonelyplanet.com/seychelles/curieuse-island/attractions/a/poi-sig/1419101/1324459)
- Fregate Island Private: This private island resort is home to a variety of luxurious accommodations, restaurants, and activities. It’s perfect for those looking for a luxurious getaway. (https://www.fregate.com)
- Praslin Island: This stunning island is home to the Vallée de Mai Nature Reserve, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Explore the island’s lush forests and stunning beaches. (https://www.lonelyplanet.com/seychelles/praslin-island/attractions/a/poi-sig/1419101/1324455)
- Silhouette Island: This remote island is home to a variety of rare plants and animals. Take a guided tour and explore the island’s stunning scenery. (https://www.lonelyplanet.com/seychelles/silhouette-island/attractions/a/poi-sig/1419101/1324458)
- Grand Anse Beach: This stunning beach is known for its long stretch of white sand and crystal clear waters. It’s a great spot for swimming and sunbathing. (https://www.touropia.com/best-beaches-in-seychelles/)
- La Passe Beach: This secluded beach is a great spot for snorkeling and swimming. With its calm clear waters and white sand, it’s a perfect spot for a relaxing day. (https://www.lonelyplanet.com/seychelles/la-passe-beach/attractions/a/poi-sig/1419101/1324453)
- Anse Georgette Beach: This stunning beach is known for its white sand and crystal clear waters. It’s a great spot for swimming and sunbathing. (https://www.lonelyplanet.com/seychelles/anse-georgette-beach/attractions/a/poi-sig/1419101/1324454)
- Cousin Island Special Reserve: This nature reserve is home to a variety of rare birds and animals. Take a guided tour and explore the island’s stunning scenery. (https://www.lonelyplanet.com/seychelles/cousin-island-special-reserve/attractions/a/poi-sig/1419101/1324452)
- Sainte Anne Marine National Park: This marine park is home to a variety of fish, coral, and other marine life. It’s a great spot for snorkeling and diving. (https://www.lonelyplanet.com/seychelles/sainte-anne-marine-national-park/attractions/a/poi-sig/1419101/1324450)
- Victoria Clock Tower: This iconic clock tower is a popular landmark in the capital, Victoria. It’s a great spot to take a picture and get a feel for the city. (https://www.lonelyplanet.com/seychelles/victoria/attractions/victoria-clock-tower/a/poi-sig/1419101/1324451)
- Takamaka Rum Distillery: This is the only rum distillery in Seychelles and a great spot for a unique and fun experience. Take a tour and sample some of the local rum. (https://www.lonelyplanet.com/seychelles/takamaka-rum-distillery/attractions/a/poi-sig/1419101/1324449)
- Moyenne Island: This small island is home to a variety of rare plant and animal species. Take a guided tour and explore the island’s stunning scenery. (https://www.lonelyplanet.com/seychelles/moyenne-island/attractions/a/poi-sig/1419101/1324460)
- Beau Vallon Beach: This stunning beach is known for its long stretch of white sand and crystal clear waters. It’s a great spot for swimming and sunbathing. (https://www.touropia.com/best-beaches-in-seychelles/)
With its stunning beaches and lush green forests, Seychelles is a great destination for an unforgettable vacation. Follow these tips and explore some of the country’s must-see sights and attractions.