Traveling to Manama, Bahrain can be an exciting experience that is full of culture, luxury, and adventure. Before you go, here are some tips to make the most of your trip.
- Have a plan. It’s important to plan ahead and know what you want to do and see in Manama.
- Get a guide. Hiring a local guide is a great way to make the most of your trip and get a good understanding of the city and its culture.
- Check the weather. Manama is hot and humid all year round, so make sure to pack accordingly.
- Bring cash. Manama is a cash-based economy, so make sure to bring enough money for your trip.
- Be respectful. Manama is a mostly Muslim-majority city, so it’s important to be respectful of its culture and customs.
Now that you’ve got the tips, here are some of the must-see sites and monuments to visit in Manama:
- Bahrain National Museum: This is the largest museum in the country, with over 6,000 artifacts. Admission is 5 BHD. https://www.culture.gov.bh/en/bnm
- Bahrain Fort: Built in the 16th century, this fort is a great place to learn about Bahrain’s history. Admission is 5 BHD. https://www.culture.gov.bh/en/bahrainfort
- Al-Fateh Grand Mosque: One of the largest mosques in the world, Al-Fateh Grand Mosque is a great place to explore Bahraini architecture and culture. Admission is free. https://www.culture.gov.bh/en/alfateh
- Ardha: This site is a popular place for traditional dancing and music. Admission is free. https://www.ardha.com/
- Bab Al Bahrain: This is the main market of Manama and is full of interesting items to explore. Admission is free. https://www.culture.gov.bh/en/babalbahrain
- Beit Al Quran: This museum is dedicated to the Quran and features a library of ancient manuscripts and artifacts. Admission is 5 BHD. https://www.culture.gov.bh/en/beitquran
- Al Areen Wildlife Park: This park is home to many species of animals, including giraffes and lions. Admission is 10 BHD. https://www.alareenpalacebio.com/
- Bahrain International Circuit: This track is home to the Bahrain Grand Prix and is great for car enthusiasts. Admission is 10 BHD. https://www.bahraingp.com/
- Paradise Island: This man-made island is a great place to relax and take in the views of Manama. Admission is free. https://www.paradiseisland.bh/
- Bahrain City Center: This is the largest shopping mall in the country and has a variety of stores and restaurants. Admission is free. https://www.citycentrebahrain.com/
- Qal’at al-Bahrain: This archaeological site is great to explore and learn about Bahrain’s history. Admission is 5 BHD. https://www.culture.gov.bh/en/qalat
- Bahrain National Theater: This theater hosts a variety of performances and shows throughout the year. Admission is 2-5 BHD. https://www.culture.gov.bh/en/theater
- Bahrain World Trade Center: This is a great place to explore the city’s business and economic culture. Admission is free. https://bwtc.com/
- Al-Jazayer Beach Park: This park is great for a relaxing stroll along the beach and has plenty of activities for the whole family. Admission is free. https://www.culture.gov.bh/en/jazayer
- Bahrain National Zoo: This zoo is home to over 500 animals and is a great place to explore and learn. Admission is 3 BHD. https://www.culture.gov.bh/en/zoo
- Bahrain International Airport: This is one of the busiest airports in the region and is a great place to explore. Admission is free. https://www.bahrainairport.com/
- Bahrain Financial Harbor: This is the heart of Bahrain’s business and financial district. Admission is free. https://www.bahrainfh.com/
- Al-Fateh Water Park: This is a great place for families to cool off and have some fun. Admission is 10 BHD. https://www.culture.gov.bh/en/fateh
- Bahrain National Theater: This theatre hosts a variety of performances throughout the year. Admission is 2-5 BHD. https://www.culture.gov.bh/en/theater
- Bahrain Grand Prix: This is a popular annual event and is great for auto enthusiasts. Admission is 10 BHD. https://www.bahraingp.com/
Now that you’ve got a list of places to visit, here’s a 3-day itinerary for Manama:
Day 1: Start your day by visiting the Bahrain National Museum to learn about the country’s history. From there, head to Al-Fateh Grand Mosque and explore the stunning architecture. Afterwards, take a stroll through Bab Al Bahrain to pick up some souvenirs. Spend the evening at the Bahrain National Theater, enjoying a performance.
Day 2: Start your day by heading to Bahrain Fort, to get a better understanding of the country’s past. Afterwards, head to Al-Areen Wildlife Park and explore the various animals. Spend the evening at the Bahrain International Circuit and watch a race.
Day 3: Start your day by visiting Beit Al Quran and learning about the Quran. From there, head to Al-Jazayer Beach Park and take a stroll along the beach. Spend the evening at the Bahrain Grand Prix and enjoy the race.
By following this itinerary, you’ll be sure to make the most of your trip to Manama, Bahrain. Have a great trip!